Community Service Category: Community Services
Gateshead Evolve is a single, integrated drug and alcohol recovery service for all adults in Gateshead. Recovery starts the moment at referral. Service users will receive a strength based assessment and assigned a Recovery Co-ordinator. A care plan to support the service users’ recovery journey will be devised. Service users will have access to 1:1 individualised support to meet personal needs as well as attending group work. There are opportunities to access peer mentors and recovery champions who can support service users through their recovery journey alongside opportunities to become a volunteer or peer mentor.
What we do and how we do it
Gateshead Evolve is an integrated drug and alcohol service for all adults in Gateshead.
– Prescribing services
– Harm Minimisation advice and needle exchange
– Detox from drugs and/or alcohol
– Health assessment including Blood Bourne Virus screening
– Group work programmes
– Housing support
– A recovery programme for all
– Support with such problems as housing and employment
– Family and carer support
– Recovery Van to enable us to provide an outreach service.